Friday 22 February 2013

"God take me away, I've killed my baba": Oscar Pistorius's best friend reveals shock 4am phone call


Tears: Distraught Oscar phoned his best friend


The best friend of Oscar Pistorius told yesterday how the Paralympic hero called him moments after his girl was shot and later sobbed: “My baba, I’ve killed my baba. God take me away.”
Francois Hougaard (bottom) and Reeva Steenkamp
Reeva pictured with Pistorius's friends Justin (C) and Francois Hougaard
Businessman Justin Divaris, who introduced model Reeva Steenkamp to the London 2012 double gold winner, said Pistorius phoned him first instead of emergency services.
Justin, 27, said: “It’s all very sad. Oscar called me at 3.55 am saying that Reeva had been shot.
“I said to him, ‘What are you talking about? I don’t understand you?’ He then repeated himself – ‘There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva’.
“Next thing his neighbour picked up the phone and told me it was true and told me to get to Oscar’s home.
“I was in total shock. I asked the neighbour, ‘Is she OK?’ Did the gun go off by accident?’ She replied, ‘No. She’s not OK. You need to get here’.”
Justin and his girlfriend Sam dashed to 26-year-old Pistorius’s luxury home on the security-patrolled Silver Woods estate in Pretoria, South Africa, in the early hours of Valentine’s Day.
The police had already arrived and were holding the double amputee superstar – nicknamed Blade Runner because of his state-of-the-art artificial limbs – in his garage.
Justin, chief executive of luxury car sales firm Daytona Group, said: “It was very traumatic. By the time we got there it was already a crime scene and we weren’t allowed in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment