Thursday 29 October 2015

Prince Harry Visits Virginia Fort Belvoir!

To attract interests to the Invictus Games, a programs that help injured service members, Prince Harry accompanied by the First Lady Michelle Obama and the Vice- President's wife Jill Biden on Wednesday October 29th visited injured members of the military at the USO Warrior and Family Center, Fort Belvoir - Virginia. 
The British Prince also visited President barack Obama at the Oval office.

Recounting on what inspired his keen interest in the program for wounded members of the military, Prince Harry stated: "I am in no doubt that my two deployments to Afghanistan changed the direction of my life. There is very little that can truly prepare you for the reality of war. The experiences can be stark and long lasting. Returning to the UK after my first deployment, I shared the flight home with three critically-injured British soldiers, all in induced comas, and the body of a Danish soldier, killed in action. It hit me then that this flight was one of many, carrying home men and women whose lives would be changed forever, and some who had made the ultimate sacrifice.


"From that moment, I knew I had a responsibility to help all 
veterans, who had made huge personal sacrifices for their 
countries, to lead healthy and dignified lives after service."




No comments:

Post a Comment