Wednesday 9 August 2017

New Face Of Onitsha!

"Sustainable development is the pathway to the future we want for all. It offers a frame work to generate economic growth, achieve social justice, exercise environmental stewardship, and strengthen governance". - Ban Ki-Moon. 

The above quote comes to mind when ever I come across efforts by governments particularly, to deliver on feasible growth initiatives. Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra state, east of the Niger, known for its signature hustle and bustle...now wears a new look. 



I have not been to this city in about 7-years but my recent visit to Upper-Iweka road, left me speechless. From the double-lane express way with massive drainage system, to the cleanliness and orderliness ....for a moment I thought I was in another city. 




I did not go round the city, but the little I saw from the Niger Bridge head into Onitsha metropolis..down to the fly-over is impressive. 


Kudos to Governor Willie Obiano...do keep this transformation running..through Anambra state. 


No comments:

Post a Comment