Friday 26 December 2014

How I Was Offered To Boko - Haram: Story Of A 13 Year-Old Suicide Bomber!

The female suicide bomber, arrested after a failed attempt to detonate bomb wrapped on her, recently gave an account on how  she was handed over to suspected Boko Haram jihadists, by her father.
The who 13-year-old, identified as Zahharau Babangida, told journalists at the Kano Police Headquartersthat she and the other girls were trained in a bush by heavily armed men who had indoctrinated her and others to carry out mass killings. 



According to her, the men threatened to bury them alive if they turned down the mission.
Six persons, including the two of her associates, reportedly died in the attack at Kano's Kwari textile market, while seven others were injured, police said at the time.
Zahharau, a native of Damaturu in Yobe State, said she and her family lived in Kano for years before she and her mother were handed over to men in the bush by her father, to people whom she described as being of different tribes and races, including both black and Arabs. She said these men constantly preached to her and the other girls about suicide missions.
When the trainers thought they girls were ready for the job, the other young girls were reportedly sent to Kano directly from the training location, while Zahharau and two of the girls were dropped at Kwari market by their guide who left them there.
Her story below:
"I was in the bush when the people some who looks like Arabs and some huge black men told me that did I know what is suicide mission, that is one killing himself? I said no I don't know, they explained it to me and said that if I did plus reciting Sura Albakara I will straight go to Paradise," Zahharau narrated.
"I declined and told them I will not do it, they now told me that they would dig a hole and bury me alive because that is what they do to all women who refuse to adhere to their demands, and they said they meant what they said, I now complied,".
"When we entered the market one among the three of us said, 'ok let's detonate the bombs but we should separate ourselves," she narrated. "I still refused to follow them but because I was close to them when they blew up themselves I was injured and I quickly came to the road where I got Keke (tricycle used for transportation) and asked him to take me to Dawanau (where she lived with her family).
Narrating in Hausa language, Zahharau stated that when she arrived at Dawanau, she located her house but said her female neighbours refused to accommodate her because their husbands were not at home.
She continued to bleed from her wounds, a condition which prompted the man who rode her on Keke, to asked if there was anybody to take her to hospital.

"I was now taken to the hospital... and after arriving there the doctors were treating me when the Keke man quickly came in and asked me who was the owner of the bomb in his Keke, I said I owned it. That was how security personnel were invited and I was taken away. She said.

Confirming the incident, Kano Police Commissioner, Aderele Shinaba, alongside the Director State Security Service, SSS, Bassey Itang, said the girls arrived at the busy market pretending to be buyers of textile materials before detonating their explosives. Although he did not say what has happened to the girls's father, he noted that the arrest of the teenager with one of her guides, now in police custody, was a great success because it led the police to other findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment