Thursday 26 February 2015

Turkish Beauty Queen Faces Jail Term For Satirical Post Against President Erdogan!

In what has been described as the latest in a series of crackdowns by the country on social media and on individuals, the satirical cartoon below posted in 2013, by a Turkish ex-beauty queen might send her to jail.

View image on Twitter

Uykusuz'un son kapağı: Tayyip ve şiir.
Buyuksarac was reportedly questioned  about the poem last month by police last month, but she denied recalling what particular posts they referred to, as she has posted many humorous cartoons. "I don't precisely recall the content I have shared on my Instagram account".
"I shared it because it was funny to me," she added. "I did not intend to insult Recep Tayyip Erdoğan." she added.



Information revealed that than 60 persons have been charged for mocking Erdoğan.  A couple of months ago, a 16-year-old high school student was reportedly arrested after making a speech in which he described Erdogan as "the thieving owner of the illegal palace."

An Istanbul court will decide on whether to proceed with the case or take the joke in good faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment