Sunday 3 November 2013

26 year old man stabs a 13 year old girl for refusing his sexual advances!

A 26 year old man known as Ntsika recently stabbed a 13 year old girl for refusing his sexual advances and absconding there after. 

The victim

The scene of the incident; behind the container

On a visit to the Isakaba residence of the victim where the incident happened, she was still recuperating from injuries and shock of the incident as she was discharged from the Hospital on Monday, October 21st.

 Despite visibly still traumatized  she managed to give an account of what happened to her. "When I went to throw away dirts, as I was coming back, I saw the man with bottle, I wanted to run, he held me on my clothes, around my neck, broke the bottle on my head  and pulled me to a dark corner. He wanted to start touching my body but I refused and struggled with him, then he wanted to stab me on my stomach with the bottle, but I blocked it with my hands and he stabbed my hands, and stabbed me all over my body. I was shouting for help all the while. He then abandoned me and ran away".
On his part, her uncle identified as Mr Anthony narrated how his attention was drawn  to the incident by his niece's scream, but on getting to the scene, the culprit had taken to his heels: "that early morning, my niece went out to throw away dirts. All of a sudden, I heard a loud  sound of a bottle 'gboa' as if it was broken on something; after that I heard my niece's shouts for help, so I rushed down there and saw her covered in blood. There was blood on the walls, everywhere, not knowing what else to do, I carried her out of that  scene to a safe place, before asking what happened to her by this time, crowd had gathered. She said that Nsika broke bottle on her head and stabbed her all over with it, because she refused his sexual advances. I didn't meet the young man when I got to the scene, he ran away. But he is somebody that we know very well around here, even though he escaped, his parents are here. The next day, I reported the case at Ajuwe Police station and I was told that the young man had a previous case at the station. The IPO asked me to make a statement, then he gave me a note to Akodo General Hospital, where my niece was admitted, she was only discharged on Monday the 21st of October. Since she was admitted, Nsika's parents did not show up at the hospital to know how she fared. We were left to cater for over 50 percent of the medical bills, out of the N83,100 bill, they brought N15,000. We had to sell off almost all we had in my wife's small shop to raise money for the bill even at that, we are yet to clear the over all bill. I would go to the Hospital every day to bath and brush her teeth because she can practically do nothing with her hands.
"She was supposed to resume school the very day she was discharged, but due to this problem, she can't do that now because we spent all we saved to that effect on her medical bills. I am afraid she have to wait until next session when we would have saved up a little, also by then, she would have recovered fully".

The 50-year-old mother of the culprit Mrs. Ekwere wept as she narrated the ordeal their son had caused her family, she said the Police should do all they can to get him apprehended and face the law. "I don't know what to say, that young man has caused me so much pain. that early morning, we were asleep when I heard bangs at the gate, we also  heard people shouting Nsika's name; I said 'not again', then I asked my his younger brother to go and know what the noise was all about. I over heard them telling him what his brother did and felt very weak, Nsika has caused me much problems. I don't know what to say about this case, though he hadn't stabbed some one before, Nsika has been living rascally. The other time they brought a case against him, I gave them money to go and arrest him. He is no longer a boy, he is a man. We have tried all possible means to help him be a man on his own but to no avail. From the time of that incident till now we have not set our eyes on him. I tried calling his number but could not get through. I don't know if he barred my number from calling him. He was not always like this, he stated exhibiting some of these traits when he started making friends with some bad boys in this neighborhood  I don't know his friends up till now. I told him I don't  want to see his friends around here, that was the initial issue we had with him. I have been ill since that incident happened, there was nothing within our ability that we haven't done to make Nsika live a more responsible life style but he rebuffed all that and choose to continuously bring us shame and reproach. He dropped out of secondary school at JSS 3, after that we enrolled him as an apprentice in a few places, but he would not sit and learn anything; after a while we would hear reports that he stopped going for training. He has caused me his mother so much pain. His father is suffering from heart failure today due to his recklessness. Please if there is anything the Police wants to do with him, there should go ahead and do it because we are tired. Concerning the hospital bill, it is unfortunate because for the past two years, my husband have been out of work. I am currently not engaged in any job now, what we could raise was the N15,000 we gave. If we had more, we would have given".

Nsika's 60 -year-old father Samuel Ikwere told roving informant in a gentle but angry tone,  he chipped in how disappointed and fed up he is with the acts of his son.
"How many times have people come to knock on this gate to report one case or the other about my son?" He asked, heaved a sigh and continued: "If not that Jehovah is with me, I don't know what might have happened.  That early morning I refused them to open our gate because when I closed it, it is closed, but when I saw the girl the next day I was shocked, how could Nsika do that to a girl?. Just recently, Nsika was released from Jail on bail because he  kidnapped one 15- year-old girl. It was reported that he impregnated the girl then he gave the girl one medicine to abort the pregnancy and she nearly bleed to death. A couple of days after his release, he showed up here with the same girl, I told him to send the girl away but he refused, saying since her father sent him to jail, he has kidnapped her and would get some money from the father. I personally reported the case at Ajuwa Police station. Amidst threats from him to deal with me, i arranged and handed the girl over to the Police since it was obvious her parents wanted nothing more to do with her as a result of her association with Nsika. Each time he showed up here he either steals his mother's or my handset and any other thing in sight and disappears, after a few months we would receive calls that he had gotten himself into one trouble or the other. I am managing a heart related health challenge today due to his recklessness. When he was very young, we used to chain his leg down when ever he returned from school just to keep him at home; otherwise he would disappear only to return home very late. That was the only way we knew to keep him at home and make him do his home work. He was sent for a Diploma program in Electrical Engineering at Yaba College of Technology, he finished that but getting him to sit and practice what he studied is another thing altogether. He learnt barbing and some other professions, some he did not even finish with the apprenticeship. Where did I go wrong with him?. I am no longer interested with what ever happened to him hence, he is a grown man, since he choose this life style, let him bear what ever consequences that it brought him".


The perpetrator Nsika is believed to be at large as at the time of filing this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment