Friday 14 February 2014

Oscar Pistorius shares 'sorrow' over Reeva Steenkamp shooting!


South African athlete Oscar Pistorius has spoken of his sorrow over the fatal shooting of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp exactly a year ago.
In a statement on his website, he said: "The loss of Reeva and the complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life."
Mr Pistorius is due to go on trial for her murder in Pretoria in March.
He claims he mistook her for an intruder when he shot her through the toilet door on Valentine's Day 2013.
But state prosecutors allege the killing was premeditated following a fight between the couple. He could face life imprisonment if found guilty of the charge.
In a rare statement by the Paralympic sprint star was dated 14 February 2014 and read:
"No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who truly loved - and continues to love - Reeva.
"The pain and sadness - especially for Reeva's parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.
"The loss of Reeva and the complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Oscar."
culled


No comments:

Post a Comment