Wednesday 23 September 2015

If I Were To Be Just A Senator, I Doubt If Anybody Will Be Interested In The Asset Declaration Form I Filled Over Twelve Years Ago - Saraki!

Nigerian Senate president, Bokola Saraki has appeared before the Code of Conduct Tribunal for failure to fully declare his assets. 
During the hearing, the Senate president lamented before the Tribunal that the only reason while he is being tried is because he is the Senate President.
Last week, the Code Conduct Tribunal Chairman, Justice Danladi Umar, ordered his arrest, following his  refusal to appear before the tribunal on the day he was supposed to.
The tribunal Chairman, ordered Saraki's arrest via a 'bench warrant' despite claims by the Nigerian Police that they are yet to get the warrant, and Saraki's preemptive action, of challenging the jurisdiction of CCT on the hearing, through his counsel.
"I reiterate my belief that the only reason while I am going through this trial is because I am senate president. If I were to be just a senator, I doubt if anybody will be interested in the asset declaration form I filled over twelve years ago". - Bukola Saraki.

No comments:

Post a Comment