Wednesday 7 May 2014

Monica Lewinsky breaks silence over affair with Bill Clinton: 'It's time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress'!

After a decade of silence over the affair with Former U.S President Bill Clinton.

Holding hands at Christmas: Monica Lewinsky in 1997.

Monica Lewinsky has finally decided to address the dramatic turn of events.


According to reports, Lewinsky claims that she has decided “it’s time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress” and to stop “tiptoeing” around her past.
I am determined to have a different ending to my story,” she writes. “I've decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past. (What this will cost me, I will soon find out.)” she reportedly said.


Lewinski, now 40 stated that the affair with the former U.S # 1 man, which happened when she was a 22-year-old White House intern, occurred between two consenting adults. However, she admitted she “deeply” regretted the relationship.

A handwritten note to Clinton by Lewinsky that would be later counted on as evidence in his 21-day Senate trial.

Another note from Lewinksy to Clinton, also used as evidence in his trial.

Sure, my boss took advantage of me,” she continued, “but I will always remain firm on this point: It was a consensual relationship. Any 'abuse' came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position.

“The Clinton administration, the special prosecutor's minions, the political operatives on both sides of the aisle, and the media were able to brand me. And that brand stuck, in part because it was imbued with power." she allegedly said.
culled

No comments:

Post a Comment