Saturday 19 July 2014

Fraudulent Company massively defraud unemployed Nigerian graduates!


Despite the pathetic situation of the unemployed Nigerian graduate, fraudsters are bent on taking advantage of the circumstance to defraud them by promising non-existing jobs for a fee.



The on-going 'job offer' scam by an alleged Lagos based Oil and Gas Company simply identified as Oasis Oil and Gas company, should be a major cause for concern as victims and concerned citizens have questioned how the organization was able to engage in fraudulent activities over time, and undetected by relevant authorities.


It was gathered that the scamster engage in sending random job offer mails to prospects, inviting them to come for interviews with promises of accommodation at top hotels on Victoria Island for candidate residing outside Lagos. 

This is usually after the applicants must have paid the sum of N3,000s service charge in favour of a certain Life Career Outsourcing agencies, with account details as follows: 
Name: Engr (Miss) Olojede Temitope, 
Account No: 0016393656, 
Guarantee Trust Bank.
Only for the applicants to get to the designated hotels and discover they had been duped.

An unemployed graduate who almost fell victim, revealed to Roving Informant on anonymity terms that he received a mail from one Oasis Oil and Gas company, inviting him to come for an "employment chat" by 9am, at a top hotel on Victoria Island on Monday, October 21st, 2013; elated and ignorant of any mischief, he rushed to share the supposed good news with some members of his family, who decided to investigate further into the offer to ascertain it's authenticity, since their ward did not apply to the said company for a job. Only for them to discover that it was a scam. 

His story:

 "I was going through my mails when I discovered a job offer mail sent from one Lagos based Oasis Oil and Gas company, asking me to come for an employment chat at Federal Palace Hotel on Monday, October 21st, by 9am prompt. They told me that receiving the mail, simply meant I have been short listed for the job. Overwhelmed that I got that kind of job without even applying, I wondered how they got my C.V, then concluded they might have gotten it from one of the employment agencies I registered with; I called and shared the news with my uncle, he asked me some questions and promised to help me look into the offer.  About a week later, my Uncle called and asked me if I made any payments the any bank in connection to the job offer? I told him I hadn't. He said I shouldn't even think of doing that because it has been discovered that the whole thing was a scam. When we goggled the Company, we discovered that they don't even exist in Nigeria. I really thank God for revealing this to me as I would have traveled all the way from the East for the so called 'employment chat'”. He said.

The story is however not the same for other applicants, as they allegedly fell victim to the scam.
Based on the above revelation, Roving Informant paid a visit to the venue of the supposed employment chat on Monday, October 21st 2013, but was told on inquiry at the gate that there was no such thing happening at the hotel. “i hope you are not among the victims? because people have been coming here for this interview, the whole thing is a scam, there is nothing like that here, you can go inside to further confirm this”. One of the security men stated.

At the reception, some of the hotel staff expressed worries over the issues stressing that the Oasis job interview is nothing but a fraud, as the hotel has absolutely nothing to do with it. They also stated that over the past three months, applicants have been coming from far and near to make inquiries about the job offers only to discover that there was nothing of such going on there.
“People have been coming here to make inquiries about the offer, some of them who came in from Port-Harcourt and other states in the East were stranded after they discovered they have been skimmed.
Some of them who could not hide their emotions sat on the pavement and wept, they begged for transportation money back to their base. It is rather unfortunate”.

Information garnered also reveled that it was observed over time that the anonymous operator of the fraudulent savings account with the Guarantee Trust Bank withdraws from the account mainly through the ATM when ever the amount paid accumulates to a large sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment