Wednesday 16 March 2016

North Korea Sentences 21 Year-Old U.S Student To 15 Years Imprisonment With Hard Labour!

North Korea has sentenced a 21 year-old U.S student, Otto Warmbier, a University of Virginia student to 15 years imprisonment with hard labour.


His offence? "committing crime against the State".

Otto Warmbier was arrested on January 2, 2016, as he was about to board a plane to leave the country. He visited North Korea on a trip arranged by a Chinese travel organization called Young Pioneer Tours. 

Admitting to the crime in a press conference in February, Warmbier said "I committed the crime of taking down a political slogan from the staff holding area of the Yanggakdo International Hotel," he said tearfully while reading from a statement. "I never, never should have allowed myself to be lured by the United States administration to commit a crime in this country."
"I wish that the United States administration never manipulate people like myself in the future to commit crimes against foreign countries. I entirely beg you, the people and government of the DPRK, for your forgiveness. Please! I made the worst mistake of my life!".


No comments:

Post a Comment